By Robert H. Holden
Armies with no Nations used to be a CHOICE remarkable educational name for 2005.
Read or Download Armies without Nations: Public Violence and State Formation in Central America, 1821-1960 PDF
Best violence in society books
One of many first comparative reflections of its style, this booklet examines the demanding situations that younger males face while attempting to develop up in societies the place violence is the norm. Barker, who has labored without delay with low-income adolescence and witnessed first hand the violence he describes, offers a compelling account of the younger men's struggles.
Une enseignante bousculée par des mom and dad dans une école d’un quartier « pourtant » calme, des élèves abattus dans un can pay qui n’est « pourtant » pas les États-Unis. Les réactions politiques se multiplient : discours de soutien aux victimes ou de dénonciation des auteurs de violence, lois, circulaires, plans de lutte réaffirmant l’impératif de fermeté face aux élèves violents.
Human lack of confidence is anxious with our refusal to confront the hundreds of thousands of avoidable deaths of girls and youngsters every year. these lacking thousands are hardly ever the topic of traditional safety experiences, but such avoidable deaths are an essential component of the thought of 'security' extra widely understood.
During this assortment, continental and diasporan African girls interrogate the idea that “sacred textual content” and study methods oral and written spiritual “texts” intersect with violence opposed to African-descended girls and women. whereas the sanctioned inspiration of a sacred textual content is written literature, this venture interrupts that perception via drawing recognition to speech and different embodied practices that experience sacral authority in the social imaginary.
- Detroit 1967: Origins, Impacts, Legacies (Painted Turtle)
- The Batterer as Parent: Addressing the Impact of Domestic Violence on Family Dynamics (SAGE Series on Violence against Women)
- Traumatisme et mémoire culturelle: France et mondes francophones (De Gruyter Handbook) (French Edition)
- Climate Wars: What People Will Be Killed For in the 21st Century
- Political Violence and Kurds in Turkey: Fragmentations, Mobilizations, Participations & Repertoires (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- Jus Post Bellum and Transitional Justice (ASIL Studies in International Legal Theory)
Additional resources for Armies without Nations: Public Violence and State Formation in Central America, 1821-1960
Armies without Nations: Public Violence and State Formation in Central America, 1821-1960 by Robert H. Holden