By Thomas K. Hubbard
A significant other to Greek and Roman Sexualities provides a entire choice of unique essays in relation to elements of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views a number of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in each one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and variations among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impression at the realizing of later a long time and religion
- Covers inventive and literary genres, quite a few social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of drugs, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty best foreign scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
This ebook appears at how sexuality is framed in enhancement eventualities and the way descriptions of the ensuing posthuman destiny are educated by means of mythological, old and literary paradigms. It examines the wonderful intercourse existence we'll allegedly take pleasure in because of higher keep an eye on of our feelings, stronger capability for excitement, and availability of intercourse robots.
The e-book strains how Hildegart’s perception, existence and early loss of life should be mapped in uncanny demeanour onto the increase, association and decline of the Sexual Reform circulation in Spain. Conceived intentionally in 1914 as a ‘eugenic’ baby (at a date while writing on eugenics was once good lower than approach in either England and Spain), Hildegart bought her early schooling from her mom who in her flip had acquired her personal from her father’s library, wealthy in works of utopian socialism.
This crucial ebook presents distinctive new wisdom on thelived event of overtly bisexual males with no medicalizing or pathologizingthem. offering learn from sexology, sociology, and psychology, it featuresextensive findings at the sexual, social, romantic, and emotional behaviors ofthe ninety males interviewed within the U.
Con quest’opera libera da giudizi, pregiudizi e categorizzazioni, che non glorifica né condanna nulla e nessuno, entriamo in contatto con uomini e donne che hanno l. a. dolorosa sensazione di avere un’anima in disaccordo con il loro corpo. Attraverso le loro storie a volte tragiche, spesso colpevolizzanti, scopriamo un’altra sfaccettatura della Vita: i limiti di quello che conosciamo si allontanano, e ci si aprono prospettive fin qui sconosciute.
- Principles of Transgender Medicine and Surgery
- Experiencing Abortion: A Weaving of Women's Words (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies)
- Sexual Revolution in Bolshevik Russia (Pitt Russian East European)
- On the Game: Women and Sex Work (Anthropology, Culture and Society)
- The Erotics of Consolation: Desire and Distance in the Late Middle Ages (The New Middle Ages)
Extra resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Thomas K. Hubbard